5 principles that can assist you in having a prosperous 2016
As the start of a new year is upon us, I felt the need to take a few moments to reflect and thank God for all the amazing people we have come across over the past year. We have to admit, this has definitely been an exciting ride for us and the relationships we have built are truly the best part of it all.
As I reflected on the last 12 months, I felt the need to share five of the main principles that have truly had an impact on our rapid growth. I truly believe that if you apply these to any area of your life, they can play a significant role in your success. We want to do our part and equip you with the tools necessary to make 2016 a prosperous year. Here they are:
- Commitment : Too Many people allow their “feelings” to dictate their decisions and eventually their lives. Feelings are unreliable so in order to succeed, you need to make a commitment to your dreams and stay loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you. Behind a feeling there is nothing, behind a commitment, there is a promise. Make a commitment to your dreams today and stick to it regardless of how you feel tomorrow.
- Consistency: This is a key point that many people underestimate. In order to succeed, you need consistency in everything you do. Consistency reaps familiarity and repetition creates new habits, and the right habits play a fundamental role in helping you unleash your Greatness.
- Persistence: Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. The biggest mistake you can make in life is give up on your dreams. If you are persistent and stay focused, eventually the results will come. We live in a culture that demands instant gratification and I’ve seen so many people fail because of their lack of persistence. Building your dreams takes time. Slow and steady always wins.
- Discipline: This requires developing new habits and taking action when you have to do it not when you feel like doing it. I believe that all of us have the choice of suffering the pain of discipline or the pain of regret, the question is; which one will YOU choose for your life? You will experience pain regardless. Discipline weighs ounces while Regret weighs tons. You choose.
- Patience: There is no such thing as an overnight success. We live in a society that is extremely impatient. Over the last year I have seen so many people start something that they never finish. If they don’t see the results they want right away, they quit. Patience is what holds everything together. At the right time if you don’t give up, you will reap the fruits of your hard work. Stay on course; everything will work out in God’s perfect timing.
In reality, the New Year means nothing if you are still in love with your comfort zone. 2015 went by faster than we anticipated and 2016 will go by just as fast. The question you need to ask yourself is “Was I truly satisfied with what I accomplished in 2015?” If the answer is NO, then it is time to take 100% responsibility for your life and make the necessary changes to make 2016 your best year ever. You can’t expect life to give you more than what you are willing to put in. It’s called the law of sowing and reaping. You reap what you sow in life, it’s that simple.
We pray that 2016 is a year full of Joy, Health, Love and Prosperity for you and your loved ones.
Great article, it motivates me to reach my greatness this year.
Leave a comment